Sunday, March 6, 2011
Sunday, February 20, 2011
Saturday, February 19, 2011
Tiny update time with a bit of work done on the Sybarite agoniser weapon. I wasn't to sure if I should go with a green or blue "power weapon" but ended up going with blue. Not to sure if I've pulled the look off (maybe a bit too dark?). Also those with keen eyes might notice the makeup on her face is now blue.
Some more work done on the Blood Angel last weekend as well. I've finished the Red section of the armour, the base (except the bones and bullet casings) and the gold areas (parts I didn't miss at least). Finally I've started the metal areas with a base of boltgun and wash of badab black plus given all the black areas a basecoat of Regal Blue/Chaos Black.
I'm gonna go back and change the bullet casings to a bronze/gold colour. As for the pose the idea was for him to be leaping up as he ignites the jump pack to soar off (Hopefully it will all make sense once everything is attached).
Monday, January 31, 2011
I've basecoated the armour on five more models with Scab Red, and also highlighted and shaded the armour on two more. Not much of an update but a little bit of progress is better than none at all. Her'es a few pictures of some of the models.
Saturday, January 29, 2011
After a bit of a break from painting, I decided it was time to pick up the brush again. Here's the test model for the start of my new Dark Eldar Army. Still a bit undecided if I want to run with this scheme or try something a bit darker. So far I've only assembled a squad of warriors so I've got a few more models I can try another colour scheme on. Let me know what you think. :)
Monday, August 16, 2010
Like many people before me I've decided to start a blog. The main purpose of the blog will be for me to track the progress on the various hobby projects I have started and to keep more motivated to see them through to the end. But if people are interested in what I'm doing and want to comment on my progress even better.
So here's a little background information on me in regards to the hobby. I've dabbled in a few games from Games Workshop on and off over the years, starting way back with boxed games of Hero Quest and Space Crusade. My first major purchases were Necromunda and the Warhammer Fantasy Box set introducing Lizardmen and Bretonnians.
Although I've been around awhile I've never played a full game and have only ever painted a handful of models. Despite this I instantly fell in love with the background and lore of the Games Workshop universes and have collected a lot of the army books and codex's just to read. But for various reasons I fell out of the hobby and have been absent for a long time.
A year or so ago I started to read a lot of black library novels and this got me hooked back into the fluff of the Warhammer Fantasy and 40k universes again. So I've jumped back into the hobby with both feet but with the goal this time to actually paint up an army and to play some games and maybe a tournament later on down the track. Fast forward to now and I have very little models painted, a lot still in their boxes and zero games played.
So here is a small list of the projects that will be featured on this blog:
• A Skaven army for Warhammer Fantasy. The Skaven are my favourite race from the Warhammer universe, I highly recommend reading Grey Seer by C. R. Werner for some great insight into the race. Now that 8th edition Warhammer Fantasy is out I really want to get stuck into this army.
|Here is a test model for my skaven paint scheme|
• Undead from the Mantic Kings of War range, this is a great range of miniatures from a new company and I can't wait to see what Alessio Cavatore does for the rule set. The great thing about the range of miniatures is that I can use them for both Warhammer Fantasy and Kings of War Games (When the rule set is released)
• I've also bought some Blood Angel models for Warhammer 40,000. I love the 40k universe it has some great fluff and pretty much any of the Black Library novels set in this universe are highly recommended. I'm also waiting for the Dark Eldar release later this year (according to the rumours) to start an army as this was the first 40k army I really got into when I first started in the hobby.
|Blood Angel test model work in progress|
• A Bretonnian army is also on the works as I recently purchased two Battalions to start a small force.
• Various Scenery and Terrain Projects.
• Possibly there will be some drawings or sketches I've done from time to time if I decide to throw them up.
So there you have it, the "plan" and a bit of what can be expected to feature in the blog in the future. More to come soon.